Re: Let's stop feeding the NVidia cuckoo

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 12:53:34AM +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> wrote:
>
> (Mostly cut, because this is the fundamental argument:)
>
> > Yeesh, this is like the documentation thing all over again. Are we
> > going to have to go through the litany of months of fruitless debates
> > on the issue just to establish that special pleading doesn't apply to
> > images either?
>
> What freedom are you trying to protect by claiming that JPEGs are not
> adequately modifiable? Do you wish to apply this argument to all JPEGs?

The freedom to modify the images to suit my purposes, of course. See
http://www.fsf.org/licensing/essays/free-sw.html

This whole affair is remarkably disingenuous. These are the most
fundamental points, and they apply to everything.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |