Re: Cryptlib licence

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 02:15:27PM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> Humberto Massa <humberto.massa@almg.gov.br> writes:
>
> > [...license for cryptlib...]
>
> Except for proper names, this is identical to the license for
> the libdb4.0 package, which is already in Debian main.

To which I'll add that the FSF considers this license free:

The Berkeley Database License (aka the Sleepycat Software Product
License).
    This is a free software license and is compatible with the GNU GPL.

As found on:
http://www.fsf.org/licenses/license-list.html#GPLCompatibleLicenses

Sleepycat his published the following clarifications to their license:
http://www.sleepycat.com/download/licensinginfo.shtml

If the cryptlib author would state that he agrees with sleepycat's
clarifications then I don't think there are any problems with this
license.

--
Ben Reser <ben@reser.org>
http://ben.reser.org

"Conscience is the inner voice which warns us somebody may be looking."
- H.L. Mencken