Re: Cryptlib licence

On 2004-03-08 02:17:12 +0000 Ben Reser <ben@reser.org> wrote:

To which I'll add that the FSF considers this license free:
[...]

I'm already waiting for a reply about the details of this. I'll report back when I get it.

If the cryptlib author would state that he agrees with sleepycat's
clarifications then I don't think there are any problems with this
license.

I think that is true, but was the Oct/Nov 2002 debate ever finished?

If so, it would be best if the clarifications could be included with copies of the licence found in Debian. If they give other clarifications, I guess the FSF reply and some more analysis is useful.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at