Re: If DFSG apply to non-software, is GPL*L* incompatible with DFSG?

On Sun, 2004-02-29 at 08:04, MJ Ray wrote:
> The GPL on the CD is software.

Absolutely, unequivocally, no debate on this one, right?

Intention of Bruce Perens perhaps, intention of many others perhaps.
I guess that gives anyone the right to claim this as uncontested fact.

I think it's useful to distinguish between software and documentation
and probably licenses (as "legal instruments") too. Licenses are also
documentation (of themselves).

zen