Re: If DFSG apply to non-software, is GPL*L* incompatible with DFSG?

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 09:07:15AM +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> I think it's useful to distinguish between software and documentation
> and probably licenses (as "legal instruments") too. Licenses are also
> documentation (of themselves).

House rule: anybody who wishes to distinguish between software and
documentation must provide a method for distinguishing between
software and documentation.

Furthermore, anybody who wants us to treat them differently must
describe how they should be treated differently.

[Really, all proponents of doing either or both of these things have
thus far failed on both points; debating the issue is futile until
somebody can actually do this]

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |