Re: If DFSG apply to non-software, is GPL*L* incompatible with DFSG?

On 2004-02-28 14:58:48 +0000 Joe Llywelyn Griffith Blakesley <dark1@myrealbox.com> wrote:

If the DFSG do apply to non-software -- has a descision been made on this? -- this would I think effectively stop Debian from distributing any GPLed work on a CD which conforms to the DFSG.

The GPL on the CD is software. Further, we distribute it unmodified in order to be able to distribute the works. It's an interesting corner case, but I think you're wrong about the GPL, as others have pointed out.