Re: Open Software License v2.1

Brian Thomas Sniffen writes:

> I don't see any free way of terminating a license for reasons other than
> non-compliance.

You are leaving out some important words or conditions here, but I'm
not sure what they are -- a copyright-based license can include
restrictions that are prohibited by the DFSG, such as only copying the
program on Mondays.

I agree with the idea that free licenses must only terminate if the
licensee does X (or does not do Y) -- rather than allowing the
licensor to unilaterally terminate it -- but that does not distinguish
the patent termination case from other forms of "non-compliance."

Michael Poole