Re: Open Software License v2.1

On 2004-09-14 11:40:06 +0100 Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 04:15:59PM -0400, Glenn Maynard wrote:
Using copyright as a defense against patents is fairly new
and I've never seen a consensus on the issue.
This habit people have recently developed as dismissing any answers
they don't like by claiming "no consensus" is really fucking stupid.

It should probably inspire us to show, explain and/or reference consensus, rather than flame the challenger.

I perceived consensus about "patent licence terminates for any software patent action" clauses during discussions of the draft Apache licence v2.0 in November 2003. This seems to have been limited to only the licensed work in the final version.

I'm not sure of consensus on "copyright licence terminates for software patent action" clauses and would welcome any pointers.

 Creative copyleft computing - http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
http://www.thewalks.co.uk stand 13,Lynn Carnival,12 Sep