Re: Open Software License v2.1

Bernhard R. Link writes:

> * Michael Poole <mdpoole@troilus.org> [040915 15:00]:
> > On the other hand, I always thought free software was about protecting
> > users, not patent litigants who are supposed to already have working
> > forms of the patented invention.
>
> <cynism>
> What about people selling non-free software, builders of nuclear bombs,
>      terrorists, criminals, US-goverment agents, abortion medics,
>      religious fundamentals, communists, lawyers, ...
> </cynism>

Troll.

(Your choice whether that describes you or an item you omitted.  If
you want to make a serious attempt to apply DFSG #5 or #6 to patent
termination, I'm listening, but please craft your argument so that it
does not classify the GPL as non-free because it discriminates against
people who want to sell binary-only versions of free software.)

Michael Poole