Re: Legality of .DEBS in Medialinux.

Scripsit Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>
> Marco Ghirlanda <marco.ghirlanda@opensourcelab.it> wrote:

> > This I don't understand. Seems like I have to create an ISO with only
> > the sources.

> no. What you can do is add written offer to provide the sources to
> whoever ask for them, and, additionnally, point to Knoppix sources,
> Debian sources, and Christian Marillat's sources. The number of
> people directly asking you for the sources should be quite low ...

However, most people would probably find it easier simply to offer the
source code from the same FTP server in parallel with the binaries. It
does not have to be ISO images [1]; separate files for each package
should be fine. That way one does not have to bind oneself to keeping
a 3-year backlog of old sources.

(Why Knoppix does not do this, but it's their prerogative to do it the
hard way if they choose to).

[1] However, ISO images might discourage people from downloading if
    they only want source for a single package, and thus save on
    bandwidth.

--
Henning Makholm          "Gå ud i solen eller regnen, smil, køb en ny trøje,
                   slå en sludder af med købmanden, puds dine støvler. Lev!"