Re: Legality of .DEBS in Medialinux.

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 05:36:33PM +0000, Marco Ghirlanda <marco.ghirlanda@opensourcelab.it> wrote:

> >Knoppix should be distributing the source from the same location that
> >you would get the CD, so its still compliant with the GPL.
> >

> Really I couldn't find the sources of Knoppix anywhere.

http://www.google.com/search?q=knoppix+sources

first link.

> >The real issue comes when you are handing out or selling binary only
> >cds. Those need to have a written offer for source valid for three
> >years (for the GPL)
>
> I would point to the Debian Source, is it right?

You would have to provide the source yourself if asked to.

> >, or the source needs to be available at the same
> >time for no extra cost.
> >

> This I don't understand. Seems like I have to create an ISO with only
> the sources.

no. What you can do is add written offer to provide the sources to
whoever ask for them, and, additionnally, point to Knoppix sources,
Debian sources, and Christian Marillat's sources. The number of
people directly asking you for the sources should be quite low ...

Lucas