Re: Legality of .DEBS in Medialinux.

Knoppix should be distributing the source from the same location that
you would get the CD, so its still compliant with the GPL.
Really I couldn't find the sources of Knoppix anywhere.
The fact seems that it is necessary for correct application of the GPL, but it is not respected so much indeed. So I have to publish for every *.deb a *-src.deb?

The real issue comes when you are handing out or selling binary only
cds. Those need to have a written offer for source valid for three
years (for the GPL)

I would point to the Debian Source, is it right?

, or the source needs to be available at the same
time for no extra cost.
This I don't understand. Seems like I have to create an ISO with only the sources.
Is there a program who download the sources for a given list of packages?

Not to seem un-ethical, but if MrKnoppix doesn't do this, why should I do it (I mean publish the sources cd) that I am a much smaller and derivative project? Anyway I'm still considering this possibility, cause Medialinux was born as a project for the students of our school, but it looks like it has many possibilities more... I'm just very sorry I have to tell to my users that they will not use this to look at their payed DVD, 'cause they have to pay for the software again. And that I need the double of the space on the server (that in our case is hosting us for free, in pure Linux tradition) to put also the sources.

Thanks so much, Marco Ghirlanda