Re: A possible GFDL compromise

Brian T. Sniffen wrote:

> I'm going to proceed as if that's correct -- say so if it's not.

Thank you for taking time to correct my English.

The GNU FDL, like the proprietary licenses I mentioned as examples,
offers a trade.  Unlike the MIT/X11 license or the GNU GPL, the GNU
FDL does not only grant permissions to the user: it offers to trade
him some permissions in exchange for some freedoms.

The particular trade it offers is non-free.

Do I understand you correctly?

Copyright law grants some permissions. GPL grants some additional permissions and does not put additional restrictions.

Do you state that any license like FDL, which puts additional restrictions on user is non-free disregarding of additional permissions it grants?

Such point of view on freedom is dependent on the copyright law.
--
Best regards, Sergey Spiridonov