Re: Legal questions about some GNU Emacs files

On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 20:09, Alex Romosan wrote:

> wow, what can i say?! everything is software!? an infinite number of
> monkeys, at an infinite number of keyboards will eventually define all
> that is software...

So? That's true of any set of works composed of a finite set of
elements. Sit them at a typewriter, and they'd eventually create every
work of literature.

> the only problem is some bit streams are more
> meaningful than others.

Isn't that the case for what you call software?

I don't think it makes much sense to distinguish between bitstream A and
bitstream B, from a freeness standpoint, because bitstream A happens to
contain the creativeness of a programmer while bitstream B happens to
contain the creativeness of a technical writer, politician, novelist, or
painter.