Re: Legal questions about some GNU Emacs files

"Brian M. Carlson" <sandals@crustytoothpaste.ath.cx> writes:

> What do I think? I think WHY-FREE is a very ironic name for
> something so non-free. It should be removed, of course. I'm sorry if
> RMS will be unhappy, but the DFSG does not make exceptions if people
> are unhappy. Documentation *is* software, and therefore its licenses
> must follow the DFSG; I thought we just decided that.

sure, and writing a web page in html is "coding".

WHY-FREE is not documentation! it is a manifesto in which rms expounds
on his views on free software. it's _his_ opinion and as such it
should not be altered. this doesn't make it non-free.

this thread is getting weirder and weirder...

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |