Re: Legal questions about some GNU Emacs files

On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 18:58, Alex Romosan wrote:
> in
> no way, shape, or form do i think anybody should have the right to
> edit somebody else's political statement.

Why? I can certainly see why they shouldn't be able to edit someone
else's political statement without clearly noting they have done that.

Why shouldn't I be able to edit parts of RMS's reasons for software to
be free to create my own statement on that, so long as its clear that
the new document doesn't represent RMS's views?