Re: A possible approach in "solving" the FDL problem

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 09:47:42AM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> I would like to see this GR proposed, if only so it can be unambiguously
> defeated and we can be rid of the lengthy threads.

What makes you think the advocates of non-free-in-main will leave us
alone even if an attempt to exempt documentation from the DFSG is
resoundingly defeated?

The people who want w4r3z for w4r3z's sake will always want w4r3z.

It is not reasonable to count on them learning to crave freedom instead.

If someone else starts the GR process I'll participate as my conscience
dictates, but at present there is no amendment to the Social Contract or
DFSG I'm in the mood to raise.

(In any case, just ask the Project Secretary -- we still have to have a
GR on exactly what 4.1.5 *means*, and the Debian website hasn't been
updated with an amended version of the Constitution reflecting the
changes that the *last* GR made.)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    I have a truly elegant proof of the
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    above, but it is too long to fit