Re: A possible approach in "solving" the FDL problem

Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be> wrote:
> [...] Having a
> clear policy about documentation would most certainly stop that
> discussion.

This suggests to me that finishing the debian doc policy is an appropriate
fix, yet you seemed to reject it elsewhere.

[...]
> However, since you ask: it is my personal opinion that the way it is
> interpreted is not correct, [...]

What are you basing this opinion of "correct"ness on?  It seems that
the current use agrees with the original intent and many dictionary
definitions of "software".  It also seems to be internally consistent
(generating no contradictions) and we've not yet had good data presented
on legislation/treaty matters about it.  Hopefully we will.

      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://slef@jabber.at