Re: Inconsistencies in our approach

Scripsit John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org>

> My comments are not limited to the FDL debate, but seek to address a more
> fundamental question: Do software guidelines serve us well for non-software
> items?  My answer is no, but obviously it is being discussed.

You have yet not disclosed which guidelines you would like to see for
what you perceive as "non-software". Can you propose specifically how
you would like the guidelines for "non-software" to differ from the
DFSG?

> My mind is open and I remain willing to accept that there may be
> someone out there that can come up with equitable guidelines.

It is you who want different guidelines. Then you should propose some
rather than leaving it to "someone out there".

--
Henning Makholm                     "The practical reason for continuing our
                                  system is the same as the practical reason