Re: Inconsistencies in our approach

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 03:06:11AM +0200, Henning Makholm wrote:
> Scripsit John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org>
>
> > My comments are not limited to the FDL debate, but seek to address a more
> > fundamental question: Do software guidelines serve us well for non-software
> > items?  My answer is no, but obviously it is being discussed.
>
> You have yet not disclosed which guidelines you would like to see for
> what you perceive as "non-software". Can you propose specifically how
> you would like the guidelines for "non-software" to differ from the
> DFSG?

Fair enough.  I will do some thinking on this over the weekend and see if I
can have something substantive to post Monday.

> > My mind is open and I remain willing to accept that there may be
> > someone out there that can come up with equitable guidelines.
>
> It is you who want different guidelines. Then you should propose some
> rather than leaving it to "someone out there".

You omitted some context; I was saying that someone could propose guidelines
for treating documentation as software under the DFSG, which is not what I'm
presently supporting or talking about above.

-- John