Re: Inconsistencies in our approach

On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 02:10:37AM +0200, Sergey V. Spiridonov wrote:
> If one does not see the difference between program and documentation, it
> is very hard to explain why they do not need the same kind of freedoms.

If one cannot coherently and usefully *describe* the difference between
programs and documentation, it is difficult for other people to see it.

I continue to suspect that people are indulging an Aristotelian
categorization fetish solely as a means to an end, that end being to
compel the Debian Project to ship their favorite w4r3z in main, heedless
of the negative consequences to the freedoms that our users currently
enjoy.

After all, what utility would this distinction serve beyond providing
one a means of routing around the DFSG's inconvenient restrictions?

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     What influenced me to atheism was
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     reading the Bible cover to cover.