Re: Cc'ing people on mailing list posts

Scripsit tb@becket.net (Thomas Bushnell, BSG)
> Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:

> > "I SUBSCRIBE TO THIS LIST; DO NOT CC ME ON REPLIES, YOU FILTHY SWINES."

> Oh, but that's fine, if abrasive.  In fact, you seem to be using
> Mail-Copies-To and X-No-CC, and gnus does seem to support one or both
> of those.

I use gnus, and the only command I know that can get it to post to the
list of all also includes all of the recipients of the original
message, as well of its author - unless the author or the list
software uses the Reply-to header which has been *standard* ever since
RFC-822, at least, but which is apparently too complicated for some
people on the list.

I have to trim the addressing headers manually each time I follow up to
something. If sometimes not getting around to do that makes me a
FILTHY SWINE, then so be it.

--
Henning Makholm         "Vend dig ikke om! Det er et meget ubehageligt syn!"