Re: Final Draft: Interpretive Guideline regarding DFSG clause 3

Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:

> > Why, particularly, does the Debian Project need to undertake the duties
> > of a newspaper's editorial board?  Furthermore, who would comprise this
> > editorial board?  Shall we ordain and establish a Ministry of
> > Truth?

I would be happy to simply have a debian-political package and leave
these questions to the package maintainers and the ftp site people.

There is no particular reason there needs to be only one package; if
there should be more than one, no objection from me.

(Note that there is nothing new about this: a Debian maintainer is
already able to include whatever political commentary he seems fit.)

If you think something tighter is needed, then ok; I don't object to
the idea of having some more restrictive definition of who makes these
decisions, but (as you) I don't know what I'd most likely prefer.

The Debian Project Leader is already empowered to speak for the
project, of course, and that should be considered as well.

The reason I didn't address this originally is that (as I hope is now
clear) I regarded it as peripheral to the actual issue.