Re: Final Draft: Interpretive Guideline regarding DFSG clause 3

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 11:12:51AM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Yes, but before I (or others too, probably) want to approve any
> particular guideline, we might also want to know whether you support
> certain instances of grandfathering.

Why does that matter?  I am only one voice.

I wrote my proposal in such a way as to attempt to be completely neutral
about whether grandfathering might take place, or what might be
grandfathered.

If you find any indications of bias in it on the issue of
grandfathering, please let me know so I can make appropriate revisions.

> And please tell us what the procedure will look like for having
> exceptions made, since you say you don't object to making exceptions.

This sort of discussion should probably involve the archive maintainers.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Build a fire for a man, and he'll
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    be warm for a day.  Set a man on