Re: Final Draft: Interpretive Guideline regarding DFSG clause 3

Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:

> My proposal does not forbid the grandfathering of any particular package
> in main.  It also doesn't forbid making exceptions in the future.  It's
> an interpretive guideline.  That means it's an analysis of how we
> (Debian) actually apply the DFSG consistently in practice.

Yes, but before I (or others too, probably) want to approve any
particular guideline, we might also want to know whether you support
certain instances of grandfathering.

And please tell us what the procedure will look like for having
exceptions made, since you say you don't object to making exceptions.