Re: RFC: GPL plus securities industry disclaimer suitable for main?

Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> wrote:

> I have trouble with the OpenSCO sourcecode, because I have programmed
> in 1988-1991 and uploaded some progs ans sourcecodes to a BBS in München.
>
> The Binary and Sourcecode (for DOS) was in the Public Domain and for
> educational only, not for commercial use.

Code can't be "in the Public Domain" _and_ "for educational only, not
for commercial use".  Either it's in the public domain, which means it
can be recycled in any derived works and eevn relicenced, or it's not.

> I have found the same sourcecode (around 90%) in Calera Linux and now in
> the Debian Sourcecode...
>
> I am intersting in all related topics.
>
> (For now, I have nothing against the use of my sourcecode in Linux, but
> against the USe in SCO and OpenSCO which was illegal)

Well please let us know what that code is so we can remove it if it's
not properly licensed.  We can't address the issue without knowing what
the code is, much as SCO allegations against Linux can't be addressed
without SCO saying what code is involved.

Peter