Re: Debian non-x86 kernel arches

On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 06:39:03PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Huh?  I complained that you don't get out of your little
>
> Well, sure, but you started making big plans about the new kernel
> maintenance, without even bothering to find out who where the current
> maintainers, and to include them in those talks. Speak about being too
> lazy to talk to someone.

Huh?  I told you how kernel maintaince should work, and as a little
sidenote I've been doing kernel maintaince professionally in the past.

I am not debian kernel maintainer though, I'm not even DD so while I
can tell you my opinion I certainly can't tell you have what you have to
do.  It seems William is new kernel-source maintainer and I've spoken
with him and Martin on the issue and I'm glad to hand helping hands.

As for not including someone in the talks, this discussion is on
debian-kernel and if you as an arch kernel maintainer are not on it
it's your fault.

> > kernel-image-powerpc forward upstream.  I'll pick those where I'm
> > knowledgeable enough to help.
>
> Still, the bug report is hopen, you can look at all of them, and see if

Which 'the bugreport'?

> you can help, since you are all set on doing everything yourself.

Stop talking bullshit.

This whole discussion looks like "oh he tries to steal my toy" to me.
I don't have any interest handling everything myself, but I'll try to
help making debian a more useable system.

In your previous mail you complained that no one is using your kernel
packages and maybe you start thinking a little why it's that way.