Re: Lancelot locks accessing NTFS partition

Modestas Vainius wrote:

>> Won't someone please think of the users?
> The reason I'm talking with you is because I think of the users. The
> reason we try hard to maintain and publish good packages is because we
> think of the users. The reason KDE is in Debian is because Debian KDE
> maintainers think of the users. Heck, the reason Debian exists is because
> Debian developers think of the users. Sure, "users" include developers
> themselves, but also all other people who find Debian usable regardless of
> (a few) deficiences.

I think the Debian KDE Maintainers are doing a pretty good job.
For example, I was very delighted, when I saw the announcement about Kaboom.
I can't think of any other distribution (or upstream, for that matter), of
thinking about the _User's_ data and how they should migrate.
Upstream simply tagged it as a backward incompatible major release. And so
did many of the other distributions.

As far as bug handling is concerned, I think it is a challenge everywhere. I
file many bug reports upstream and usually nobody even cares to respond to
them, at times. And there can be 2 ways to look at it. 1) Nobody cares - KDE
Sucks. 2) They are busy doing something better - Implementing features.

Packaging KDE4 was a daunting task. At a time like that, focusing on other
things, like bug reports et cetera is of a lower priority for the packagers.

As users, we could take care of our bugs. Like the ones we report, when we
see them fixed (downstream or upstream), we could mark them accordingly.
That saves a lot of time for all.

Ritesh
--
If possible, Please CC me when replying. I'm not subscribed to the list.