Re: components not working after upgrade to KDE 422 (and move to .kde)

Modestas Vainius wrote:

>> - the network-manager applet put the wifi controler on off and thus
>> doesn't access wifi networks, it also crash the whole plasma desktop when
>> I try to change the number of wifi networks displayed.
> That widget is very fragile. Do not expect it to work most of the time. Or
> rather do not be surprised when it breaks. The reason there is no update
> is because later svn revision is worse than the current one in
> experimental.

Just wanted to add some points here.
AFAIK, network-manager (and network-manager-kde) are maintained separately
by Michael Biebel. The version of network-manager (+ nm-kde) in sid is very
unstable. Many a times it doesn't work. VPN plugin doesn't work.
I've noticed that it has been in sid for some time now. And am not sure what
the criteria for it is, to enter testing. IMO, it shouldn't enter testing.
The current network-manager (0.6.6) and network-manager-kde (qt3 based), in
testing, are pretty stable and good.

>> I've checked with Fedora 10 that all theses components are still working
>> normaly.
> Could you check with fresh user account or at least with fresh ~/.kde
> profile?

This is a very good point ModaX has put. I usually have a separate user
account handy, where I test certain behavior, before being sure it is a bug
(be it upstream or debian related).
Please try it before reporting any bugs. It helps a lot.

Ritesh
--
If possible, Please CC me when replying. I'm not subscribed to the list.