Sudden logouts (was: Just wondering...)

On Wednesday 17 August 2005 15:55, Richard Wegner wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am currently running Debian 3.1 and have no major problems except one:
>
> Sometimes I am in the middle of an application, whether it be a game,
> OpenOffice doing some work, or even chatting using xChat 2.4.3 my system
> logs me off and I go back to the logon screen.  Like I said, it doesn't
> matter what I'm running.  This happens at periodic times of the day and
> applications are varied on what I'm running.  Any idea why this could be
> happening?

I have no idea, but I seem to replicate the problem. I was just doing some
work around the house, having xmms running on a net radio. Suddenly the music
stops, and I off course blame the net radio.

However, when I return to my system, I see that I've been logged out. I am not
exactly sure of the time it happened, but in the syslog this entry seems
suspicious:

Aug 18 23:04:23 localhost kernel: agpgart: Found an AGP 2.0 compliant device
at 0000:00:00.0.
Aug 18 23:04:23 localhost kernel: agpgart: Putting AGP V2 device at
0000:00:00.0 into 1x mode
Aug 18 23:04:23 localhost kernel: agpgart: Putting AGP V2 device at
0000:01:00.0 into 1x mode
Aug 18 23:04:24 localhost kernel: [drm] Loading R200 Microcode

Does something like this happen to you, Richard?

Regards, Anders Breindahl.