Re: Sudden logouts (was: Just wondering...)

El Jueves, 18 de Agosto de 2005 23:27, Anders Breindahl escribió:
> On Wednesday 17 August 2005 15:55, Richard Wegner wrote:
[...]
> I have no idea, but I seem to replicate the problem. I was just doing some
> work around the house, having xmms running on a net radio. Suddenly the
> music stops, and I off course blame the net radio.
>
> However, when I return to my system, I see that I've been logged out. I am
> not exactly sure of the time it happened, but in the syslog this entry
> seems suspicious:
>
> Aug 18 23:04:23 localhost kernel: agpgart: Found an AGP 2.0 compliant
> device at 0000:00:00.0.
> Aug 18 23:04:23 localhost kernel: agpgart: Putting AGP V2 device at
> 0000:00:00.0 into 1x mode
> Aug 18 23:04:23 localhost kernel: agpgart: Putting AGP V2 device at
> 0000:01:00.0 into 1x mode
> Aug 18 23:04:24 localhost kernel: [drm] Loading R200 Microcode
>
> Does something like this happen to you, Richard?

	Those sudden logout are mostly due to your X Window System crashing, and
given that xdm/kdm is respawning, a new instance of xdm/kdm is launched and
you see the log-in screen. Check your /var/log/Xorg.0.log,

	Best regards,

		Ender.
--
I find your lack of faith disturbing.