Re: kde 3.2 Woody screensaver does not work

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 21:22:54 +0100, Philippe Merlin wrote:

>Recently i migrate from Kde 3.1.4 to Kde 3.2.
>I configure the screensaver with the kde configuration center, and very few
>screensaver among all proposed  works and can be tested. But  the screensaver
>does not work at all.

Hi Philippe,

On 24.Jan.2003 I reported something very similar with the screensavers
in KDE 3.1 - I had ~160 screensavers listed in KDE control panel, but
very few of them actually work.  You may want to read my post, and the
discussion thread which followed :
http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2003/debian-kde-200301/msg00718.html

I didn't (and still don't) have *any* xscreensaver packages installed.
Several people said you have to have xscreensaver-nognome installed on
a KDE system if you want xscreensaver at all - but I only want native
mode KDE screensavers for now.

One person said all 160 screensavers worked for him.

I've never been able to get any of the GL screensavers to run at
proper (hardware accelerated) speed (yes, I have an OpenGL-capable
graphics card), which is a shame, but not very important.

I didn't know xscreensaver-gl existed, so I might try installing it to
see what happens.

Maenwhile, nothing has changed for me, and the screensaver situation
is the same on my box right now (KDE 3.1.4).  It seems to me it's time
we tried to clean this situation up.

Cheers,
Nick Boyce
Bristol, UK
--
It is fun to have fun, but you have to know how.
  --Cat in the Hat