Woody/KDE3.1RC7 debs : Screensavers Report

I just installed a fresh vanilla Woody i386 box at work over the last
two days, with just the base Xfree 4.1.0 and then Ralf's current
3.1RC7 debs, and wanted to file this quick report.

Basically the system seems fine and KDE seems duly wonderful (my first
sight of anything beyond 2.2.2 :).  The only issue of any kind I've
yet noticed is that the screensaver collection seems in some disarray.

Approx 160 screensavers (!) are listed in the control panel - most
appear to do nothing (preview is blank, the "Setup" button just gives
"No configuration available for xxx", and "Test" does nothing).

There are some apparent duplicates :

Bouboule
Bouboule
Rock
Rocks
Moire
Moire2
Morph3D
Morph3D (GL)
Pipes (GL)
Pipes - another (GL)
Pyro
Pyro
Slide Screen
Slidescreen
The Matrix
The Matrix

The only ones which work at all are :

Banner
Bitmap Flag (GL)
Blank screen            (duh)
Blob
Bouboule                (the 1st one)
Euphoria (GL)           (very slowly)
Flux (GL)               (very slowly)
Gravity (GL)            (very slowly)
Lines
Lorentz Attractor
Morph3D (GL)            (slowly)
Particle Fountain (GL)  (very slowly)
Pipes (GL)              (fast)
Polygons
Pyro                    (1st one)
Rock                    (1st one)
Science                 (preview and real usage work ok
                         but the "Test" button just gives
                         a black screen)
Slide screen            (but the "Test" button just
                         slides pieces of a black screen
                         around :-)
Slide show
Solar Winds (GL)        (very slowly)
Space (GL)
Swarm
The Matrix              (2nd one)
Virtual Machine

[I only have a generic ATI xserver installed so I guess that's why the
pretty GL screensavers are slow - does anyone know which xserver is
good for giving OpenGL with an ATI Rage Pro ?]

I installed kscreensavers to get these savers - I've seen people
mention a package called kdeartwork-screensavers but that's not at
Ralf's site.

That's all - basically I'm drooling over what I see :)    Big thanks
to the packagers.

BTW: I couldn't get to ktown.k.o for almost a day to download Ralf's
debs - was there a problem ?

Cheers

Nick Boyce
Bristol, UK