Re: Adding A Device in KPPP's Modem Device Combo Box

Well, there's a brutal way, which you can use until I find the proper way to
do it!

Edit the kppprc config file (which should be in ~/.kde/share/config) and
change the line saying:

device=/dev/modem

device=/dev/whateveryoulike

Note that when you go back into kppp, you will see the device is still
/dev/modem as the other device isn't in the scrolllist. BUT it will now dial
the device in the config file.

As far as I can see, the device list looks almost as if it might be hardcoded,
which surprises me, as it's a pretty stupid thing to do! (No offence to the
kppp authors)

David