ftp.debian.org: Please remove kde-theme-plessky from sid

Package: ftp.debian.org
Severity: normal

(CCed to debian-kde).

Hi.  I orphaned kde-theme-plessky (which provides several binary packages) in
September 2002 (#159406).  This is a collection of KDE themes that were
designed for KDE2.  Since these packages contain no compiled binaries there
is no dependency on kdelibs3; instead they simply recommend kdebase (which at
the time was a proper binary package, not just a metapackage).

This means that in according to dpkg these packages are still installable
under KDE3 and presumably future versions, but I certainly haven't tested
them under KDE3 and I suspect their relevance and quality will continue to
deteriorate as KDE moves forwards and kde-theme-plessky remains orphaned.

Thus I'd prefer to see kde-theme-plessky removed from sid entirely.  If
someone cares enough about them they're welcome to repackage these themes and
ensure they stay good for the current KDE in sid.

Thanks - Ben. :)

--

Ben Burton
bab@debian.org

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is
absolutely fatal.
	- Oscar Wilde