Re: Hurd TWiki trial - Announcement

* Andreas Rottmann writes:
> I think it would be not a bad idea to ship them as separate
> packages. This way one could install a 'replacement' pacakge for any
> of them. And for ease of upgrade: There does nothing speak against a
> hurd meta-package IMHO...

I think it would be bad even if the interface stabilises or whatever
(as Marcus noted).  Would you like to see a separate package for all
the GNU utilities?  I sure wouldn't, ld in a specific package, gcc in
another, ls in one, cp in even a weirder place. ;)

I would rather abolish the whole mentality of packages and have one
central system called GNU with all relevant sources in /src.  Just
like *BSD has.

Cheers,
--
Alfred M. Szmidt