Re: gpm build

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 01:15:52AM -0400, Igor Khavkine wrote:
> Hi, I noticed on your debian page that turte was trying to
> build gpm. That will not work. I took a look at that package
> a while back. It contains too many linuxisms. The author
> even says somewhere in the comments somethink like
> "it doesn't matters, since this code was never designed
> to be portable anyway."

Still, it shows that there is a defect in tat gpm declares itself as
"Architecture: any", while it is only "Architecture: i386 alpha ...."
or 'Architecture: linux-any" as I prefer to say.

> So it would be a better idea to write a new mouse daemon
> for Hurd, preferably one that works with the new "soon" to be
> ready multiplexing and color-supporting term server (colortext,
> was it?).

Of course.  But note that nobody seems to be working on colortext right now.
This doesn't mean it's not the right thing to do, though.  It is.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de