Re: Debian on Zaurus status?

> The OpenZaurus 2.4.21 collie (5000d/5500) tree is exactly that.  Some
> drivers cleaned up, some thrown out completely and rewritten.  Lots of
> hacks were removed, along with code sections that aren't even utilized
> in the binaries used (e.g. XIP).

Sounds very good. Where can I find that tree in its latest version?
Buildroot? OE?

It seems a bit odd to me that there's a kernel tree separate from the
CVS at handhelds.org. With the similarities in today's hardware (all
PXAs work the same to a large extent), I can't see a reason for this
separation, it just means extra work. Which tree is more likely to
make it into the mainstream kernel?

> The plan is to merge in the necessary bits from the
> poodle/corgi/husky/shepherd trees (c7x0 and 5600) into our clean 2.4.21
> tree, and then move on to pushing forward Zaurus support into 2.6.

I'm willing to help, but it'll have to be next year because I've got a
PhD to finish first. I'd start out working on 2.6 straight away,
developing 2.4 is a waste of time IMHO.

What's the status of your SD/MMC driver, BTW?

  Andras

Major Andras
    e-mail: andras@users.sourceforge.net
    www:    http://andras.webhop.org/