Re: Debian on Zaurus status?

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 11:02:43AM -0600, Klaus Weidner wrote:

> My chroot-debian script supports something like that:
>
> 	http://pocketworkstation.org/files/
>
> You can create a self-extracting archive on a different architecture, and
> the packages will be unpacked and configured on the target system. You do
> need a minimal Linux system running on the target system to do that, but
> it doesn't need to be Debian.
>
> The chroot-debian archive also contains the script "debshrink" which
> removes some large files to save space.

That seems like something different.  The idea was to do as much as possible
on a (faster, non-embedded) host system, and postpone only the final
configuration of the system to run natively on the Zaurus.

Your script sounds more like debootstrap, which runs on a Linux system and
bootstraps a Debian system.

--
 - mdz