Re: Debian on Zaurus status?

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 11:38:46AM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> If someone were interested in creating a tool to unpack debs on a host
> system for later configuration on the Zaurus, that would probably be
> possible.  I believe one of the existing distributions (OZ?) configures
> packages on the first boot.

My chroot-debian script supports something like that:

	http://pocketworkstation.org/files/

You can create a self-extracting archive on a different architecture, and
the packages will be unpacked and configured on the target system. You do
need a minimal Linux system running on the target system to do that, but
it doesn't need to be Debian.

The chroot-debian archive also contains the script "debshrink" which
removes some large files to save space.

-Klaus