Re: Debian on Zaurus status?

> I used a makefile which cleaned up a lot of the cruft from a running system,
> and also pruned things like /usr/share/doc to minimize space.  The image is
> also jffs2, which means it is compressed.  I posted the makefile to this
> list some time ago, but it's not very interesting.  The actual rm commands
> might save you some time in deciding what to prune, though.

Great, I shall have a look in the archives.

I've now taken the root.tar.gz from the stable Debian CD, and it works
pretty well, apart from the fact that it doesn't recognize the MTD
block devices and doesn't know about jffs2 either, and that it uses
bterm which rotates the screen by 90 degrees, thus cropping the
dialogs on either side...

My current kernel is incapable of recognizing the built-in USB device
interface as well as CF cards, but I'll play around with that. Once I
have either working, I can install a base system on either NFS or a CF
card and carry on from there.

I just realized your image is also jffs2, how else would you have
packed 28MB into the 16MB ROM of the 5500...

  Andras

Major Andras
    e-mail: andras@users.sourceforge.net
    www:    http://andras.webhop.org/