Re: Debian on Zaurus status?

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 02:56:42AM +0000, Major A wrote:

> Thank you so much, debootstrap looks pretty reasonable. Now my problem
> is -- how do I squash those 80MB into less than 64MB for the C750 (in
> fact, less than 25MB unless I want to tweak the flash process) or 16MB
> for the 5500? There's probably a lot to be deleted (in
> /usr/share/{doc,locale,man}, /var/{cache,lib}/apt, etc.), so I'll
> better have a stroll around the file system.

I used a makefile which cleaned up a lot of the cruft from a running system,
and also pruned things like /usr/share/doc to minimize space.  The image is
also jffs2, which means it is compressed.  I posted the makefile to this
list some time ago, but it's not very interesting.  The actual rm commands
might save you some time in deciding what to prune, though.

--
 - mdz