Re: New buttons in GTK filesel

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 09:59, Miles Bader wrote:
> Hmmm, According to the release notes, ^L actually pops up a dialog,
> which is even more losing.

The dialog has completion, etc, so its just as quick as a focused text
entry apart from the initial control-l.  But as your hands are on the
keyboard, that's not hard either.

> I don't see any mention of it in the notes, but seem to recall that the
> new gtk somehow allows the save dialog to be overridden somehow, so a
> user could substitute their own dialog that fixes this problem, right?

The actual UI is pluggable, yes. I'm not sure if a user can change it or
not however.

Ross
--
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross@burtonini.com