Re: gtk 2.4 and gnome 2.6

<quote who="Christian Marillat">

> > I would ask you. why do you need gtk+ 2.4 and GNOME 2.6 so much in the
> > unstable? do you have any objection except "I just want to play it. but
> > it's hard time to me to install it from experimental."
>
> Stop with that. GTK 2.4 and GNOME 2.6 are *stable* and not experimental
> release, and we need to package those releases in unstable.

How many releases has it been now? Why do you still think it makes sense to
wedge a bunch of unsynchronised crap into unstable, instead of marshalling
the entire stack in experimental and dropping it down all at once? Come on,
what have you learnt after all these GNOME releases?

- Jeff

       "Having strings in a language seems to be a case of premature
                        optimization." - Paul Graham