Re: Re: gtk 2.4 and gnome 2.6

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 15:48, John McCutchan wrote:
> But I am wondering how much trouble it is to push
> G2.4 fixes in to testing with G2.6 in unstable.

It's a World Of Pain.

> I think there is a better chance of G2.6 getting in testing if it is
> worked on in unstable. Even though G2.4 is 'frozen' in testing, I
> think that an attempt should be made to get G2.6 in testing and
> getting G2.6 in unstable is the fastest way to do that.

But what if we don't make it? There will be a possibly buggy G2.4 in
testing, which we cannot correct easily.  By putting G2.6 into
experimental we keep it separate until it's ready, at which point we
push into unstable. If we start to realise we're not going to make 2.6
for Sarge, we've got a fallback position with no hastle.

Ross
--
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross@burtonini.com
                                          jabber: ross@burtonini.com