Re: Bits from the release team and request for discussion

Hi,

you seem to have missed the second announcement send out... the new plan is
not to freeze this december but rather to come up with a plan when to freeze
(squeeze).

On Montag, 3. August 2009, Steffen Joeris wrote:
> > Debian itself do not support upgrades skipping a major release, so I
> > cannot imagine how Debian-edu can (sanely) do so.

With the old and now to be discussed plan, the idea was to actually support
skipping a release.

> The question here is not so much the upgrade path, because debian-edu
> doesn't support upgrades, we advice people to reinstall.

Wrong. http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Etch/Upgrades has
instructions how to upgrade.

> However, support (especially security support) is an issue and with that in
> mind, etch is supported until February (one year after the release of
> lenny), by which time we'd need to have a lenny solution.

Does that mean we have to release our Lenny now within six months? ;-)
C00l.

regards,
	Holger