Re: Finding correct component for Virtual Box / Debian / screen resolution issue

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> (2013-08-03):
> We need to implement DEP-11 so that we can map hardware (and other
> things) to packages.
>
> isenkram/PackageKit needs to be extended to use DEP-11 information.
>
> isenkram (or similar DEP-11 solution) needs to be run from the Debian installer.

Depends: python (>= 2.7), python (<< 2.8), python-gudev, python-gobject, python-notify, python-aptdaemon-gtk, libgnome2-perl, lsb-release

Doesn't look like something to be run in d-i.

> This will mean that installs using d-i will automatically install
> virtualbox-guest-x11/virtualbox-guest-dkms. It also means that when
> you move a physical machine into VirtualBox, PackageKit/isenkram
> should prompt you to install these packages.

discover already pulls virtualbox bits in. Mentioned not so long ago in:
  https://lists.debian.org/20130726091036.GB22819@mraw.org

Mraw,
KiBi.