Re: Finding correct component for Virtual Box / Debian / screen resolution issue

We need to implement DEP-11 so that we can map hardware (and other
things) to packages.

isenkram/PackageKit needs to be extended to use DEP-11 information.

isenkram (or similar DEP-11 solution) needs to be run from the Debian installer.

This will mean that installs using d-i will automatically install
virtualbox-guest-x11/virtualbox-guest-dkms. It also means that when
you move a physical machine into VirtualBox, PackageKit/isenkram
should prompt you to install these packages.

I would suggest avoiding VirtualBox though. Oracle seems to having an
adverse effect on VirtualBox, for example it recently had to move to
contrib.

--
bye,
pabs