Finding correct component for Virtual Box / Debian / screen resolution issue

Hi,

TL;DR
Debian installed inside Virtual Box (on a Debian host) does not support
higher resolutions than 1024x768 when there are no Virtual Box guest
additions installed. Whats the correct component to report a
bug/wishlist request against?

Long version:
Before asking on debian-devel, I respected previous advice, asked two
people in private and reported a bug against Virtual Box. [1]

However, I am not positive, I am getting a reply within a year (or
ever). [2] And its not yet clear, if Virtual Box is the correct
component to report against.

Upstream (a Virtual Box forum moderator) says its not an upstream bug.
[5] Quote:

> Then you need to adjust the framebuffers of the guest. Since you
> are
negating the guest additions it is all up to you and the guest OS.
> Custom xorg.conf would help too depending on the OS. But this is
> all
out of the scope of this forum since it does not deal with VirtualBox.

Generally, I am not sure if there is a better mailing list for "whats
the correct component" type questions.

I am ready to accept any "we don't care, provide a patch or wait
forever" response, once the concerned component/maintainer has been
found. At the moment, I don't think I found this component/maintainer.

Cheers,
adrelanos

[2] Debian Virtual Box has other standing bug reports without replies
within a year. I doubt these bugs are introduced by Debian, it looks
more like upstream bugs. [3] [4]
[5] https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=55284