Re: Summary of C++ symbols experience

Chow Loong Jin <hyperair@debian.org> writes:

> $ nm -CD libfoo.so  | awk '$2 == "W" {print;}'

> I mentioned that the inlined symbols are all weak symbols. If the
> library you're maintaining doesn't do use __attribute__((weak)), then
> all the weak symbols present should be inlined and optional.

Oh, hey, indeed.  Right, I didn't realize the implication of what you were
saying.

So... what if dpkg-gensymbols implicitly marked all weak symbols as
optional and didn't care if they disappeared?  Would that make sense to
do?  pkgkde-gensymbols could also mark all weak symbols as optional
automatically in the interim.